- Unique blend of ingredients
- Supports babies nutrition
- Developed by scientists
A breastmilk substitute that is suitable for babies from birth.
With over 50 years of experience in baby nutrition, our passionate team of over 250 paediatricians, nutritionists and scientists, continue to take inspiration from the benefits of nature, to develop our unique formulas, tailored to support your baby's nutritional needs at every stage of development.
The beginning of your baby's life is a special and beautiful time. The passionate team of more than 500 scientists and experts have developed the Aptamil hungry first infant milk, inspired by 50 years of research in early life science. This formulation is nutritionally complete* and suitable from birth as a breastmilk substitute.
*As required by legislation for all infant milk, it is nutritionally complete and suitable as a sole source of nutrition from birth when it's too early to introduce solids, or as part of a weaning diet from 6 to 12 months. Before introducing solid foods, speak to your healthcare professional.
Features of Aptamil hungry first baby milk formula powder from birth
- Breastmilk substitute
- Updated formulation
- Palm oil free oil blend
- Helps delay early onset weaning
- From birth up to 6 months old
- Part of a weaning diet up to 12 months old
Warnings and cautions
- It is recommended that First be used only on the advice of a doctor, midwife, health visitor, public health nurse, dietitian, pharmacist or other professional responsible for maternal and child care
- When bottlefeeding, do not allow prolonged or frequent contact of milk feeds with your baby's teeth as this increases the risk of tooth decay
- Store in a cool dry place
- For hygiene reasons, do not store made up feeds, discard unfinished feeds as soon as possible, and always within two hours
- Do not heat feeds in a microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding. Never add extra scoops or anything else to your baby's feed
- Store powder in a cool, dry place
- Do not refrigerate
- Use powder within 4 weeks of opening
- Contains fish, milk and soya
- Ask your healthcare professional or dentist for advice. Make sure your baby's teeth are cleaned after the last feed at night
How to use
Preparing your baby's feed:
- Approx. age: Up to 2 weeks; Approx. weight: 3.5 kg, 7 3/4 lb; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.6 g): 3; Quantity of water per feed: 90 ml, 3 fl.oz; No. of level per 24 hours: 6.
- Approx. age: 2-4 weeks; Approx. weight: 3.9 kg, 8 1/2 lb; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.6 g): 4; Quantity of water per feed: 120 ml, 4 fl.oz; No. of level per 24 hours: 5.
- Approx. age: 4-8 weeks; Approx. weight: 4.7 kg, 10 1/2 lb; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.6 g): 5; Quantity of water per feed: 150 ml, 5 fl.oz; No. of level per 24 hours: 5.
- Approx. age: 8-12 weeks; Approx. weight: 5.4 kg, 12 lb; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.6 g): 6; Quantity of water per feed: 180 ml, 6 fl.oz; No. of level per 24 hours: 5.
- Approx. age: 3-4 months; Approx. weight: 6.2 kg, 13 3/4 lb; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.6 g): 6; Quantity of water per feed: 180 ml, 6 fl.oz; No. of level per 24 hours: 5.
- Approx. age: 4-5 months; Approx. weight: 6.9 kg, 15 1/4 lb; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.6 g): 7; Quantity of water per feed: 210 ml, 7 fl.oz; No. of level per 24 hours: 5.
- Approx. age: 5-6 months; Approx. weight: 7.6 kg, 16 3/4 lb; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.6 g): 7; Quantity of water per feed: 210 ml, 7 fl.oz; No. of level per 24 hours: 5.
- Approx. age: 7-12 months; Approx. weight: - kg, - lb; No. of level scoops per feed (1 scoop = 4.6 g): 7; Quantity of water per feed: 210 ml, 7 fl.oz; No. of level per 24 hours: 3.
- Wash hands and sterilise all utensils.
- Boil 1 litre of freshly run water in a kettle then leave to cool for 30 minutes and no more so the water can reach the recommended temperature of 70°C.
- When ready, pour the right amount of water into a sterilised bottle as per the feeding guide.
- Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly bolled water.
- Using the scoop, add the powder to the water, as per the feeding guide. To make sure the right amount of powder is added, use the leveller on the inside of the box to level off the scoops.
- Don't press or heap the powder as adding too much or too little formula could make your baby ill.
- Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle and shake straight away.
- For best results, shake vertically and vigorously for at least 10 seconds, until all of the powder is dissolved.
- Cool the bottle by placing under a cold running tap or in a bowl of cold water, and check the temperature by placing a few drops on the inside of your wrist.
- The formula should feel lukewarm, but not hot. If possible, we'd recommend starting the feed straight away and always finishing within 2 hours.
Lactose (from Milk), Skimmed Milk, Vegetable Oils (High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Rapeseed Oil, Sunflower Oil), Galacto-oligosaccharides (GOS) (from Milk), Fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS), Fish Oil, Oil from Mortierella Alpina, Calcium Phosphate, Choline Chloride, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Citrate, Vitamin C, L-Cysteine Hydrochloride, Magnesium Chloride, Emulsifier (Soy Lecithin), Inositol, Calcium Chloride, Potassium Hydroxide, L-Tryptophan, Ferrous Sulphate, L-Carnitine, Zinc Sulphate, L-Isoleucine, Antioxidant (Vitamin C), Pantothenic Acid, Nicotinamide, Copper Sulphate, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenite, Manganese Sulphate, Vitamin K, Biotin, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B12.
For allergens, see ingredients in bold.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders over £20
- £1.50 on orders up to £20
- Delivered in 3-5 working days if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Thursday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £30
- £2.99 for orders up to £30
- Delivered in 3-5 working days
- Free on orders over £60
- £4.99 on orders up to £60
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 6pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Friday to Sunday
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here