- Food for special medical purposes
- Hypoallergenic formula
- Dietary management of cow's milk allergy
Aptamil pepti syneo is a food for special medical purposes for use under medical supervision.
Aptamil pepti syneo is a whey-based extensively hydrolysed formula with galacto and fructo-oligosaccharides (GOS/FOS) and bifidobacterium breve M-16V, for the dietary management of cow's milk allergy. Pepti syneo is a nutritionally complete hypoallergenic formula, suitable for infants from birth. It is also suitable as a sole source of nutrition up to 6 months of age, and/or as part of a balanced diet from 6 months. If you think your baby has cow's milk allergy speak to your health visitor or pharmacist for advice.
Features of Aptamil pepti syneo formula for cow's milk allergy
- Suitable for infants from birth
- Extensively hydrolysed whey protein
- Combination of galacto & fructo-oligosaccharides (GOS/FOS)
- Source of nutrition up to 6 months of age
- From birth
Warnings and cautions
- It must be used under medical supervision
- For enteral use only
- It should only be used under medical supervision, after full consideration of the feeding options available, including breastfeeding
- Suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition for infants from birth, and/or as part of a balanced diet from 6 months
- Refer to label for details
How to use
- Use on advice of HCP. Please note the preparation instructions of Aptamil pepti syneo are different to the preparation instructions of Aptamil pepti in order to preserve the bifidobacterium breve M-16V.
- One level scoop (as provided in the tin) provides approximately 4.6g of powder.
- Add one level scoop of powder to every fluid ounce (30ml) of water to yield the recommended feed concentration.
- Wash hands thoroughly and clean the preparation area. Sterilise bottles and teats according to manufacturer's guidelines.
- Boil fresh water for five minutes or until an electric kettle switches off. Pour the required amount of water into the sterilised bottle, cover the bottle with the cap and cool down to room temperature.
- Fill the scoop provided with powder and level off with a clean, dry knife. Do not press the powder into the scoop. Use only the scoop provided.
- Add the prescribed number of scoops of powder to the water. Replace the cap on the bottle and shake until the powder dissolves.
- Before feeding ensure that the formula is at the correct temperature by placing a few drops on the wrist. Use immediately after reconstitution.
- Formula remaining in the bottle after one hour of feeding should be discarded. Formula must not be rewarmed during feeding.
- Wash hands and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers' instructions. Boil 1 litre of fresh water. Leave kettle to cool for no longer that 30 mins. Measure the required amount of water into a sterilised bottle. Be careful of scalding. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- Using the scoop provided level off the powder with a clean knife. Do not press/heap the powder. Add the correct measure of powder to the water. Adding too many or too few scoops can be harmful.
- Cap the bottle and shake vigorously for 25 seconds to dissolve the powder.Remove cap and replace with a sterilise teat. Cool under running tap.
- Check temperature of feed. Feed immediately.
Whey protein hydrolysate (from milk), maltodextrin, vegetable oil (palm oil, coconut oil, rapeseed oil, high oleic sunflower oil, sunflower oil), galacto-oligosaccharides (GOS) (from milk), calcium phosphate, emulsifier (citric acid esters of mono and diglycerides of fatty acids), fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS), fish oil, potassium chloride, oil from Mortierella alpina, choline chloride, potassium citrate, sodium chloride, magnesium chloride, vitamin C, L-tyrosine, inositol, magnesium hydrogen phosphate, taurine, Bifidobacterium breve M-16V, zinc sulphate, L-carnitine, ferrous sulphate, vitamin E, uridine 5' monophosphate sodium salt, cytidine 5' monophosphate, pantothenic acid, inosine 5' monophosphate sodium salt, adenosine 5' monophosphate, nicotinamide, guanosine 5' monophosphate sodium salt, copper sulphate, vitamin A, riboflavin, thiamin, vitamin B6, manganese sulphate, sodium selenite, potassium iodide, folic acid, vitamin K1, biotin, vitamin D3, vitamin B12.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders over £20
- £1.50 on orders up to £20
- Delivered in 3-5 working days if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Thursday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £30
- £2.99 for orders up to £30
- Delivered in 3-5 working days
- Free on orders over £60
- £4.99 on orders up to £60
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 6pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Friday to Sunday
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here