- Exceptionally even illumination
- Daylight for a sense of well-being in winter
- Light intensity 10,000 lux at 15cm
Light therapy treatment for Seasonal Affective Disorder.
The Beurer Beurer TL50 daylight lamp has been designed to simulate natural daylight in summer months helping to provide light therapy from anyone living with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is a common disorder that affects your energy levels, mood, can cause you to be more irritable. Other symptoms include affecting the balance of melatonin and serotonin, the sleep and mood hormones, in our body.
This light therapy lamp simulates natural daylight with the LED lamp emitting 10,000 lux of light which equates to that from the sun on a summers day. Spending just one hour a day in front of a SAD lamp can alleviate the symptoms within just seven days and help you manage Seasonal Affective Disorder.
Features of Beurer Beurer TL50 daylight lamp
- Attractive design thanks to LED technology
- Can help with low moods and SAD disorder
- Includes hook for wall fastening
- Energy-saving LED technology
- Certified medical device
- Ideal for taking to work with you
- Convenient one-button operation
- Colour spectrum in nm: approx. 400-800
- Colour temperature: 5300 K +/- 300 K
- Convenient one-button operation: yes
- Output in watts: 100 - 110
- Light intensity: approx. 10,000 lux (distance 15 cm)
- Lumen: approx. 1400
- Medical device: yes
- Mains operation: yes
- Stand: yes
- Technology: LED technology
- Product dimensions: 152 x 72 cm
- Product dimensions (W x H x D): 27.1 x 24.7 x 14.6 cm
- CE: yes
- 1x Beurer Beurer TL50 daylight lamp
- 1x User manual
- 1x Mains adaptor
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
Warnings and cautions
- The daylight therapy lamp is only intended for radiation on human bodies
- The device is not intended for commercial or clinical use; it is designed exclusively for personal use at home
- The device is suitable for health applications at home. No special training is required to use the device
- Before use, ensure that there is no visible damage to the device or accessories and that all packaging material has been removed. If you have any doubts, do not use the device and contact your retailer or the specified Customer Service address
- Ensure that the daylight therapy lamp is positioned on a stable base
- The device must only be connected to the mains voltage that is specified on the type plate
- Never submerge the device in water or other liquids and do not use it in the bathroom
- It must not be used on people with disabilities, children under 3 years of age or people with reduced sensitivity to heat (e.g. people with skin alternations due to illness), after taking pain relief medication, alcohol or drugs
- Keep packaging material away from children (risk of suffocation!)
- Do not allow children to play with the device
- If the device is warm, do not cover it or pack and store it
- Always unplug the mains part and allow the device to cool down before touching it
- Do not touch the device with wet hands when it is plugged in and do not allow water to spray on the device. Only operate the device if it is completely dry
- Ensure that you only insert and remove the mains part with dry hands and that you only press the ON/OFF button with dry hands
- Keep the mains cable away from hot objects and naked flames
- Protect the device from heavy impact
- Do not pull the mains part out of the socket using the mains cable. Hold the mains part directly when pulling the mains part from the socket
- Do not use the device in the presence of flammable anaesthetic gas connections with air, oxygen or nitrogen oxide
- No calibration and no preventive checks or maintenance need to be carried out on this device
- You cannot repair the device. The device contains no parts that you can repair
- Do not make any changes to the device without the manufacturer‘s permission
How to use
- Sit as close as possible to the lamp, between 15 cm and 45 cm. You can go about your normal activities while using it. You can read, write, make telephone calls, etc.
- Every so often, briefly look directly into the light, since the effect results from the eyes/ retina receiving the light.
- Use the daylight therapy lamp as often as you want. However, the treatment is at its most effective if you carry out the light therapy according to the prescribed time period of at least 7 successive days.
- The most effective time of day for the treatment is between 6am and 8pm and we recommend that it is used for 2 hours per day.
- Start with shorter periods of illumination, which you increase over the course of a week.
- After the first few applications you may experience side effects such as pain in the eyes and head or nausea. This should disappear in further sessions as the nervous system becomes accustomed to the new stimuli. Refrain from using the daylight therapy lamp for a few days until the side effects have subsided, then try to use the device again.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders over £20
- £1.50 on orders up to £20
- Delivered in 3-5 working days if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Thursday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £30
- £2.99 for orders up to £30
- Delivered in 3-5 working days
- Free on orders over £60
- £4.99 on orders up to £60
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 6pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 6pm Friday to Sunday
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here