- Once a day treatment
- Treats urinary tract infections
- Kills bacteria
Hiprex belongs to a group of medicines called anti-bacterials as it contains the active ingredient methenamine hippurate. Hiprex works by killing many different types of bacteria which cause infections.
Hiprex is used to treat infections of the urinary tract and to help prevent them from coming reoccuring. The urinary tract is a collective name for the parts of the body that produce, store and transport urine. These include the kidney, bladder and tubes called the ureter and urethra.
Features of Hiprex methenamine hippurate 1g tablets
- Easy once a day treamtment
- Kills bactera
- Helps to treat and prevent urinary tract infections
- 60 tablets
- Children of 6 years of age and above
Warnings and cautions
- Not suitable for children under 6 years of age
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children
- Do no exceed the reccomended daily dosage
- Check with your doctor before taking Hiprex if You have any kidney issues
- Consult your doctor if you are taking any of the following medicines: potassium citrate and acetaolamide
- Consult you doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding before use
- Do not use Hiprex if you are allergic to methenamine hippurate or any of the other ingredients
- Do not use Hiprex if you are taking antibiotic medicines called sulphonamides. These can damage your kidneys when taken at the same time as Hiprex
- Do not use Hiprex if you are severely dehydrated
- Do not use Hiprex if you have serious problems with your kidneys
- Do not use Hiprex if you have problems with your liver
- Do not use Hiprex if you have gout
- Do not use Hiprex if you have a condition called metabolic acidosis (a chemical imbalance in the blood)
How to use
- Take one 1g tablet daily.
Children of 6-12 years
- Take 500mg (half a tablet) twice daily
The tablets can be broken in half. If you find it particularly difficult to swallow them, the tablets may be crushed and taken with a drink of milk or fruit juice.
Methenamine Hippurate 1g
Magnesium Stearate (E572), Povidone and Colloidal Anhydrous Silica.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders over £20
- £1.50 on orders up to £20
- Delivered in 3-5 working days if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Thursday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £30
- £2.99 for orders up to £30
- Delivered in 3-5 working days
- Free on orders over £60
- £4.99 on orders up to £60
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 8pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Monday if ordered after 8pm Friday - 12pm Sunday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 12pm on Sunday
- Not available in the Channel Islands
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here