- Reduces stomach pain and flatulence
- Relieves irritating, unproductive coughs
- Available without prescription
An oral medicine that relieves coughs and the symptoms of diarrhoea.
Collis Browne’s mixture contains morphine and peppermint oil to relieve coughs and diarrhoea symptoms. The morphine reduces irritating coughs and griping stomach pains, while simultaneously the peppermint oil calms the stomach, reduces painful bowel spasms and relieves flatulence.
The medicine’s active ingredients have been reduced since the its invention by ex-army officer John Collis Browne in the 19th century. Today it is a well-respected medicine when instructions are followed.
Features of J. Collis Browne’s mixture 100ml
- Symptoms should be relieved within 48 hours of taking the medicine
- Morphine reduces irritating coughs and stomach pains
- Peppermint oil calms the stomach
- 100ml bottle
- Adults and children aged 6 years and older
Warnings and cautions
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy
- If symptoms persist, seek advice
- Do not use if you or your child have breathing difficulties, a head injury or persistent headache, asthma, blocked intestine or inflammation of your colon or rectum
- Do not give to children under the age of 6 years old
- Avoid use if you are breastfeeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies
- Keep out of the reach of children
- May cause drowsiness, it is therefore recommended to not drive or use machinery when using this product
- Avoid if you have an addiction to alcohol
- For short term use only and may cause addiction
How to use
- Shake the bottle rigorously and then take prescribed amount orally, either alone or added to water.
Morphine hydrochloride and peppermint oil.
Delivery and returns
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders over £20
- £1.50 on orders up to £20
- Delivered in 3-5 working days if ordered before 6pm Monday - 6pm Thursday
- Delivered the following working Thursday if ordered after 6pm Thursday - 6pm Monday
*Please note: If your chosen pharmacy is in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, the Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Scottish Highlands and Islands your order will take an additional working day to these delivery times. To find out if your pharmacy is impacted click here.
- Free on orders over £30
- £2.99 for orders up to £30
- Delivered in 3-5 working days
- Free on orders over £60
- £4.99 on orders up to £60
- Delivered Next Day if ordered before 8pm Monday to Friday
- Delivered Monday if ordered after 8pm Friday - 12pm Sunday
- Delivered Tuesday if ordered after 12pm on Sunday
- Not available in the Channel Islands
Pharmacy Medicines delivery
Pharmacy Medicines will need to be signed for by someone aged 18 or over. If there isn't anyone in who can sign for your order, you can change your delivery date or redirect it to a local parcel shop using the courier's website or app.
Unfortunately, your order can't be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The courier will try to deliver three times before they return it to us.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void.
This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment.
As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.
If you're not completely satisfied with your order, you can return it to us within 28 days
Find out more about our returns policy click here