How our COVID-19 PCR test service works
To book your appointment please visit our online booking form
During your appointment a healthcare professional will take a throat and nose swab and will take a valid email address to send your results to
A courier will collect your sample from our pharmacy and send to the lab
Your results and certificate will be emailed to you within 2 working days.* If you've tested positive, follow self-isolating advice
What is the COVID-19 PCR test service?
The COVID-19 PCR test service will tell you if you currently have COVID-19. At your appointment, an expert healthcare professional will swab your throat and nose and send the sample to our partner laboratory via a courier. Within 2 working days* the lab will send you an email with your results.
Who is the COVID-19 PCR test suitable for?
- Adults who are not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- Children over 11 years old who are not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
How much does the COVID-19 PCR test cost?
£79, which is paid online. You can also get a 15% off discount if you book 3 or more tests.
How and when will I receive my PCR test results?
Once you've sent your sample, the lab will email you your results within 2 working days* and your certificate will be attached for proof of your COVID-19 test results. If you have a positive result you must follow Government guidance.
Can I use my results as a ‘fit to fly’ certificate?
Yes, you can use your results to support travel to another country. If you need a PCR test certificate for a flight, we recommend booking an in-store test no earlier than 3 working days before you travel.
Different countries have different regulations, and these are regularly changing. It’s your responsibility to check the travel requirements of both the airline and country you are travelling to, to make sure you're having the right test.
These requirements might include:
- The test is taken by a healthcare professional
- The test is carried out within a certain timeframe before you travel
If you need a COVID-19 travel certificate, please bring your passport with you when you visit us in store. If you’re having a test for reasons other than travel, please bring any form of photo I.D such as your driving license. You’ll also need a valid email address so your results can be sent to you.
If you arrive at your appointment without the correct documents, you may be asked to reschedule.
Frequently asked questions
Do I need to pre-book an appointment?
When should I book my appointment?
If you’re traveling abroad, please book your appointment no earlier than 3 working days before your flight. We recommend a morning appointment so you can drop off your sample in good time to be collected and taken to the lab overnight.
If you're having a test for reasons other than travel you can book your appointment when it suits you. If you're returning to work, please schedule your test for at least 3 days before you plan to return to your workplace.
Do I need to bring anything with me to my appointment?
If you’re having a PCR COVID-19 test for travelling purposes, please bring your passport with you, as this information is required on your certificate. If you’re having a test for reasons other than travel, please bring a form of photo I.D such as your driving license.
When you come into your local store please wear a face covering and maintain social distancing.
If you or anyone in your household or support bubble have symptoms of COVID-19 please do not book an appointment or come into store. Instead stay at home and follow the latest government guidance. If you have symptoms, you can get a free NHS test or use our Online Doctor service.
How long will the service take?
Your supervised PCR COVID-19 test will take 15 minutes.
Who will do the test?
A trained healthcare professional will carry out the test for you. This includes a swab up your nose and around the side of your throat.
Is the LloydsPharmacy COVID-19 test service safe?
Our test kits are provided by our partners at London Medical Laboratory. Each test is CE-marked and MHRA approved, which means they meet all EU health and safety requirements.
Is the PCR test the same as fit to fly?
A PCR COVID-19 test can indicate whether you’re able to travel. A fit to fly certificate may be required for travel to another country. If you have no symptoms of COVID-19 and a negative PCR test, then you’re fit to fly. But you’ll need to check with the airline you’re travelling with and your destination country.
Can I get a COVID-19 test without coming into store?
Yes, you can request a PCR test from our Online Doctor service, however this test is not suitable for travel.
This test kit is sent to your address, you collect the sample yourself and send it back to their partner lab for analysis. Once the lab has your samples it usually takes 2-3 working days for you to get your results.
Can I get an COVID-19 antibody test?
Yes, our Online Doctor service has antibody tests you can do at home. These tests tell you whether you’ve had COVID-19 in the past. Simply take your sample and send to our partner lab for analysis.
A positive result means that there were COVID-19 antibodies in your blood sample. This can be because you've previously had the virus or received the COVID-19 vaccine.
Alternatively, you can visit a MASTA clinic for same day antibody results.
What’s the difference between a COVID-19 antibody test and a PCR test?
A COVID-19 PCR or swab test tells you whether you currently have a COVID-19 infection. Whereas an antibody test tells you if you’ve had COVID-19 in the past.
Terms & conditions
- The Lloyds Pharmacy Services are provided by Lloyds Pharmacy Limited trading as Lloyds Pharmacy. By using our Services you are confirming that you have carefully read, understand and agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions which cover all Services we provide.
- Throughout these Terms and Conditions, Services provided via any channel, including but not limited to our Lloyds Pharmacy website and our Lloyds Pharmacy Clinics are referred to as “Lloyds Pharmacy Services”, “our Services” or “the Services”.
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. The new version will be posted on this website and will take effect immediately upon posting. If you disagree with any part of these terms, then you should not use our Services.
- *Where Lloyds Pharmacy provides an estimated time in which you will receive your test results this is indicative only, Lloyds Pharmacy provides no guarantee that you will receive the results of your results in the time stated. Any delay in receiving the results of your tests, any timeframe stated in receiving your test results is an estimate only. If the results of a test are required before you travel you should aim to undertake a test in good time before you travel. Lloyds Pharmacy provides no guarantee you will receive your results within the estimated time stated.
- Lloyds Pharmacy endeavour to deliver your test results within the time bracket however in the unlikely instance your test is delayed Lloyds Pharmacy will provide you with another test free of charge, however we are not liable for any incurred costs linked to the delay.
- Where a fit to fly certificate or other documentation is provided to you following your test Lloyds Pharmacy makes no guarantee that your destination will accept our certificate and you should always check your destinations requirements prior to travelling.
Full terms and conditions can be viewed here.
*Any delay in dropping your sample into a Royal Mail Priority Post Box may cause your results to be delayed.
Our pharmacy team have put the appropriate Covid Infection Prevention and Control measures in place to ensure that we can provide services, care and advice to you safely.