Where can I get travel vaccinations?
It’s easy to find travel vaccinations and travel clinics near you, especially if you already know which vaccinations you need for your trip. Simply explore your booking options with our tailored travel services; MASTA Travel Health and LloydsPharmacy Online Doctor. We’ll help you to get the right protection for your trip in a location that is convenient for you.
MASTA Travel Health
MASTA Travel Health are the market leader in travel vaccinations, providing specialist travel health advice for over 30 years, MASTA clinics are available in select LloydsPharmacys.
You can choose to have a face-to-face consultation in your nearest pharmacy, a telephone consultation with a specialist travel nurse.
MASTA Travel Health is ideal if you:
- Want to book travel vaccinations for a whole family or group
- Are travelling last-minute and need a vaccination
- Need a travel vaccination while pregnant
- Want a free online check of suggested vaccinations for your trip, before booking an assessment with a registered nurse
- Want a complete travel health assessment, including Yellow Fever and anti-malarials
- Need to vaccinate from any age
What travel vaccinations do MASTA offer?
- Hepatitis A vaccine
- Hepatitis A & Typhoid vaccine
- Hepatitis B vaccine
- Combined Hepatitis A + B vaccine
- Typhoid vaccineRabies vaccine
- Combined Diphtheria, Polio & Tetanus vaccines
- Combined Diphtheria, Tetanus, Polio and Pertussis vaccines
- Meningitis ACWY vaccine
- Japanese Encephalitis vaccine
- Yellow Fever vaccine
- Cholera vaccine
- Tick Encephalitis vaccine
- Tick Encephalitis (junior) vaccine
During your consultation a specialist travel nurse will complete a risk assessment to determine which vaccines are right for you, as well as your suitability for each treatment.
Order malaria tablets or jet lag treatment online with a free online consultation. Our Online Doctor service is perfect for those aged 18 years or over. Through a confidential online assessment, you can receive malaria tablets or jet lag treatment if our clinical team confirm they’re suitable for you, without seeing a GP face-to-face. Our travel service is also ideal if you’re in need of treatment quickly– simply complete an online consultation and either select same-day collection in one of more than 900 LloydsPharmacy stores, including selected Sainsbury's stores, or choose next-day delivery.
Travel and vaccination advice
How do travel vaccines work?
A vaccination contains a pathogen (a bacterium, virus or microorganism that can cause disease) in a weakened or killed state, stimulating the body’s adaptive immunity response. When you receive a vaccine, your immune system will start to create antibodies and memory cells to fight the ‘infection’, therefore immunising against the virus in its unweakened form.
What vaccines do I need to travel?
Every country has different requirements and recommended vaccinations. You can use our travel vaccination checker to discover which vaccinations are needed for your upcoming trip, and book an appointment without seeing your GP.
How long before I travel do I need vaccinations?
Although the average immune response will take around 7-21 days after being vaccinated, it is important to get vaccinated at least 4-6 weeks before you travel. This is so that there is time for the vaccines to work, as well as certain vaccinations which require multiple doses that span over months.
How much do travel vaccinations cost?
Prices will depend on the travel vaccine or combination of vaccines you need for your holiday; however prices start from £35*. For more information on the vaccines and prices that MASTA offer you can review their price list.
Can I buy everything on my travel essentials list at LloydsPharmacy?
Whether you’re off to travel to world or are looking forward to lazing on a beach, LloydsPharmacy also has you covered with some of the most important holiday essentials to help you and your family stay well, including:
- Flight socks
- Insect repellents Sun cream including our Solero sun cream range
- Feminine protection (tampons and sanitary towels)
- Travel sickness tablets
- Medication (malaria tablets, paracetamol, antihistamines and allergy relief)
- Skincare products from hand cream and face lotions to body lotions
- Deodorants and your favourite fragrances
- Shower gels and shampoo, plus travel minis for your hand luggage
- Dental products - toothbrush, toothpaste and mouthwash
How can I stay safe in the sun?
Have fun in the sun whilst ensuring you’re looking after your skin with our range of sun protection products including our Solero suncare range. Whilst a certain amount of sun exposure helps your body produce vitamin D, it’s essential to use the right level of sun protection for your skin type to prevent burning and skin damage.
Available in lotions, sprays and handy travel minis, the Solero sun cream range has been dermatologically tested, is fragrance free and is suitable for those with sensitive skin. The Triple Defence range protects against UV-A, UV-B and Infrared (IR-A) rays and the Ultra Sensitive range has been developed especially for people who are prone to eczema or psoriasis.
All of our pharmacies follow the appropriate Covid Infection Prevention and Control measures to deliver our services in pharmacy.
Are you ready for take off?Fit to Fly certificate
*Prices correct at time of writing. Prices subject to change.
**Results are available between 24-36 hours from when the lab starts processing your sample, and not from posting the sample.