The SlimFast range
How does the 3.2.1. Meal Plan work?
Our 3.2.1. Meal Plan is designed to help you lose weight and keep it off. It’s simple, flexible, delicious and scientifically proven to work.
Eat up to six times a day – one healthy meal, two delicious SlimFast meal replacement shakes or SlimFast meal replacement bars and three tasty SlimFast snacks.
Enjoy everything you need to feel your best with our 3.2.1. Meal Plan, are you ready to start your journey?
SlimFast frequently asked questions
What is in SlimFast?
Slimfast meal replacement shakes, powders and bars include everything you need for a meal – a balance of protein, carbohydrates and fats, and fortified with 23 vitamins and minerals to meet your nutritional needs whilst on SlimFast Plan. Each product contains approximately one third of your daily requirements with the rest being made up from your 600kcal meal.
Is SlimFast a good way to lose weight?
Simple, Doable and Delicious. The SlimFast 3.2.1. Meal Plan has been designed to help you make weight loss happen at the safe rate of 1 to 2lbs per week.
You can fend off the munchies:
- with 3 of our tasty snack products per day - all under 100 kcal.
- enjoy 2 of our delicious meal replacement shakes or bars
- tuck-in to one sensible 600kcal meal (800kcal for men)
A combination that gives you around 1200-1400 calories per day. The average woman consumes 2000kcal a day, so you can see how you will lose weight!
Can you drink tea and coffee on SlimFast?
Yes, of course you can still drink tea and coffee while you are on the SlimFast Plan, you just need to consider the number of calories and deduct them from your snacks allowance or main meal. When you make tea or coffee at home, there is usually very little calorie content especially if you only add skimmed milk and have a sweetener instead of sugar. As a guide, a cup of tea or instant coffee with skimmed milk and sweetener is about 25kcal. Fruit or green teas are a delicious way to enjoy a hot drink and are only around 5kcal per cup.
Beware of milky coffees from your favourite high street coffee shop. A skinny cappuccino could be around 100kcal or more especially if it is made with semi-skimmed milk. You can still enjoy these on the SlimFast Plan, you just need to swap one milky coffee for one of your snacks
How much can you lose on SlimFast?
The SlimFast 3.2.1. Meal Plan is designed to give a weight loss of between 1-2lbs a week. On average the Plan gives you between 1200 - 1400 kcal per day. An average woman usually consumes around 2000 kcal a day. To give a 1lb weight loss a week, you need to consume 500kcal less a day on average. Exercise is also a great way to burn off extra calories.
Does SlimFast work without exercise?
Do something you enjoy and build the exercise up slowly. If you're new to exercise start gently with a 15-20 minute walk three times a week to build your stamina up. Swimming, bike riding, and dancing are also great forms of exercise. Most importantly make sure it's something you enjoy, that way you're more likely to stick to it. Check with your doctor before starting any type of exercise program.
Can you add fruit to SlimFast?
Yes, of course you can add fruit to your SlimFast plan, you just need to consider the number of calories and deduct this from your snack allowance.
Who can use SlimFast?
Both men and women can use SlimFast. However, as men generally need more calories than women, we recommend they increase their evening meal to 800kcal rather than 600kcal.
At SlimFast we always advise those with medical conditions or those who are pregnant, breastfeeding or have more than 20% weight to lose, to always speak to their doctor or dietician before starting a weight loss diet.
"The beauty of SlimFast is the tasty products and convenient way in which you can just grab a shake or meal replacement bar & be out of the door. It's a blessing in disguise when you have children and don't have time to prepare every meal! The weight comes off steadily and at this pace it should stay off.!"
– Hannah review of the SlimFast Challenge.
"I decided to start the SlimFast Plan as I’d heard of other people’s success. I started out with just the SlimFast meal replacement shakes and added the snacks as I went. Having freshly made shakes every day for lunch at work is very easy. I love the Chunky Chocolate and Caramel Temptation powders.”
– Terry review of SlimFast 3.2.1. Meal Plan.
- *Substituting two main daily meals of an energy-restricted diet with meal replacements contributes to weight loss. Substituting one of the main daily meals of an energy-restricted diet with a meal replacement contributes to the maintenance of weight after weight loss.
- **Zinc contributes to normal metabolism of fatty acids and vitamins B6 & B12 contribute to normal energy-yielding metabolism.
- If you are adolescent, pregnant, breastfeeding, have a medical condition, or want to lose more than 20% of your weight - then talk about your weight loss plans with your doctor.
- SlimFast meals are not designed to be your only food - eat balanced meals, healthy snacks and drink plenty of water. Can only help weight loss as part of a calorie-controlled varied diet and an active lifestyle.